Does Your Employer Brand Make the Cut for Todays Job Seekers?
MILWAUKEE, May 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- More than half (56%) of job seekers across the globe say an employer's brand/reputation is more important today than it was five years ago. The feeling is even stronger in China (72%) and Mexico (62%). This is according to a global study of job seekers conducted by ManpowerGroup Solutions, the world's largest RPO provider, part of ManpowerGroup (NYSE: MAN). Insights into the importance of employer branding are shared in a new paper, "Brand Detectives: The New Generation of Global Candidates."
Click the link to download Brand Detectives: The New Generation of Global Candidates: http://manpowergroupsolutions.com/manpowergroup-solutions/candidatepreferences/
Millennials are the most brand-driven candidates, ranking company brand in their top three motivators, along with compensation and job responsibilities. These 25- to 34-year-olds also research companies "the Millennial way." Social media is the number one way to find information about a company in China; in Mexico, 43% of job seekers use social media for brand research.
"The Google generation does not have to rely on what potential employers tell them about a company; they have instant access to news articles, social networks and employer review sites," said Kate Donovan, Senior Vice President of ManpowerGroup Solutions and Global RPO President. "Today's job seekers recognize they spend a significant amount of their lives at work, and as such, they want to ensure they align themselves with organizations that have great brands and a satisfying culture."
The paper highlights three ways companies can improve their hiring processes to better attract and retain today's top talent:
- "Bar Raisers": Identify current employees with good leadership principles who can participate in the interview process – to market the company to potential recruits and recognize which candidates have the most potential.
- The Recruiter Proxy: Companies new to the idea of building their employer brand can utilize recruiters and staffing agencies to represent the company, conveying the brand to candidates.
- "Company Camp": Maximize your company's unique selling points early on in the process. Consider inviting candidates to visit the campus, meet current employees and experience the culture firsthand.
Also in the paper are 10 tips for companies to use current employees to appeal to brand-driven candidates, some of which include:
- Steer the conversation: Smart companies will demonstrate trustworthy behavior and open, honest communication when potentially negative issues arise.
- Own the content on review websites: Use employer review websites to acknowledge imperfections and talk about the company's core values. This can reduce long-term damage to employer brand.
- Incorporate testimonials: Use photos and videos of employees to animate testimonials, celebrate employees and put a human face on the company.
- Arm every employee with the brand message: Transform employees into a mini-army of brand ambassadors by making sure they understand the essence of the employer value proposition.
"HR professionals who use current employees to serve as ambassadors for the company—both in real life and on social networking sites—tap into the most credible and influential source of information for potential new hires," Donovan said. "Those who choose not to utilize these important resources risk being left behind."
To download "Brand Detectives: The New Generation of Global Candidates," click here: http://manpowergroupsolutions.com/manpowergroup-solutions/candidatepreferences/
About ManpowerGroup SolutionsManpowerGroup Solutions provides clients with outsourcing services related to human resources functions, primarily in the areas of large-scale recruiting and workforce-intensive initiatives that are outcome-¬based, thereby sharing in the risk and reward with our clients. Our solutions offerings include TAPFIN-Managed Service Provider, Strategic Workforce Consulting, Borderless Talent Solutions, Talent Based Outsourcing and Recruitment Process Outsourcing, where we are one of the largest providers of permanent and contingent recruitment in the world. ManpowerGroup Solutions is part of the ManpowerGroup family of companies, which also includes Manpower, Experis, and Right Management. More information at www.manpowergroupsolutions.com.
About ManpowerGroupManpowerGroup® (NYSE: MAN) is the world's workforce expert, creating innovative workforce solutions for nearly 70 years. As workforce experts, we connect more than 600,000 people to meaningful work across a wide range of skills and industries every day. Through our ManpowerGroup family of brands – Manpower®, Experis®, Right Management® and ManpowerGroup® Solutions – we help more than 400,000 clients in 80 countries and territories address their critical talent needs, providing comprehensive solutions to resource, manage and develop talent. In 2016, ManpowerGroup was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the sixth consecutive year and one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies, confirming our position as the most trusted and admired brand in the industry. See how ManpowerGroup makes powering the world of work humanly possible: www.manpowergroup.com.