ManpowerGroup Introduces its Working to Change the World Plan - Reporting ESG Progress and Ambitions on People, Prosperity, Planet and Principles of Governance
MILWAUKEE, July 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- ManpowerGroup today published its 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) plan Working to Change the World. The report highlights 2020-2021 progress and plans for creating value for shareholders while operating a sustainable business model that addresses the long-term imperatives of society. Working to Change the World outlines progress made in the areas of People & Prosperity, Planet and Principles of Governance- focusing on those areas of highest impact to the people, clients and communities ManpowerGroup serves.
"Today there is more focus than ever on ESG and the S in particular - how business creates broader shared value for all," said Jonas Prising, ManpowerGroup Chairman & CEO. "What matters is measured, and our Working to Change the World plan is about collectively caring for People and Planet with new awareness and urgency. We are proud to extend our commitment to ESG and to support common stakeholder capitalism metrics that focus on People, Prosperity, Planet and Principles of Governance."
"ManpowerGroup was founded on the belief that running a good business means contributing to society at large," said ManpowerGroup Chief Sustainability Officer, Ruth Harper. "As we go forward, we know people have been changed by the pandemic and have higher expectations of business to contribute to our communities and create broader societal value. We are committed to continuing to deliver on our purpose and to building partnerships because we believe by Working to Change the World we will reshape a brighter future for the many not just the few."
Key highlights of 2020 progress reporting include:
People & Prosperity
- Strengthened anti-racist stance and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging (DEIB)
- Committed to hiring, retaining, developing and advancing more women into leadership, and on track to achieve 40% women in leadership by 2024
- Reached more than 50 million job seekers with insights, advice and career guidance
- Connected 2 million people to meaningful, sustainable work and provided access to employment and opportunities to reskill and upskill to 600,000 workers daily
- Reduced Greenhouse Gas Emissions 26% from 2019 and 37% over 2018 baseline (64,360 to 102,373 tCO2e)
- Designed Climate Action Plan with ambition to reduce emissions 50%+ across all scopes by 2030
- Committed to setting Science-Based Targets and being part of the solution to achieve Net Zero by 2050 or earlier
Principles of Governance
- Established ESG Executive Steering Committee with oversight and accountability for global ESG strategy and progress
- 30,000+ employees completed 60,400+ hours of training on our Code of Conduct, cyber security and data privacy and other standards for ethical and responsible business
- Published global Human Rights Policy to reinforce our industry leadership to advocate for ethical recruitment practices, employment flexibility balanced with security, and opportunities for under-represented and vulnerable populations to develop in-demand skills and participate in the formal economy
- Recognized for our commitment to driving positive change for people and societies around the world: named a World's Most Ethical Company for the 12th year by Ethisphere, to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 12th year and received a 2020 Platinum EcoVadis sustainability rating and top score for 6th year.
Find the full report and more on ManpowerGroup's ESG commitments and progress here www.manpowergroup.com/sustainability.
ManpowerGroup® (NYSE: MAN), the leading global workforce solutions company, helps organizations transform in a fast-changing world of work by sourcing, assessing, developing and managing the talent that enables them to win. We develop innovative solutions for hundreds of thousands of organizations every year, providing them with skilled talent while finding meaningful, sustainable employment for millions of people across a wide range of industries and skills. Our expert family of brands – Manpower, Experis and Talent Solutions – creates substantially more value for candidates and clients across more than 75 countries and territories and has done so for over 70 years. We are recognized consistently for our diversity - as a best place to work for Women, Inclusion, Equality and Disability and in 2021 ManpowerGroup was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for the 12th year - all confirming our position as the brand of choice for in-demand talent.